Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The True Holi-Day (A Sylvie...)

Wouhou, that was a good night... (it has been raining all night on the car, but it didn't prevent me from sleeping :) ) I woke up at 7h30, to arrive just on time for the Rafting in Oreke Falls. 
It's sold as "the tallest waterfall commercially rafted in the World". It's raining anyway this morning, so being wet for being wet, I'm ok to do my first rafting experience Down Under.



The guide is clear: no matter how good you are, there are 30-40% of risk to roll the raft over during this waterfall.... damn, this starts to be freaky :-) but the water is not that cold, so let's do this (dedicace to O.P.) and live a life without limits.


We made it without capsizing, which is good, but honestly, not even a 30 minutes ride for 100 NZD, it's a bit expensive. The good point is that the other rowers will send me some pictures taken from the shore (in exchange, I will share with them the full Go Pro shooting).

After this thrill, the afternoon is spent strolling in Rotorua Hot Spings, 

on a NZ souvenir shopping spree, and a walk along the Rotorua Lake.
Can I buy a one way ticket ?



More pictures ((from today and yesterday) can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment