Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The move to the South


Good news is : I've uploaded SOME PICTURES from the previous days (not complete at all, but some nice ones...)

6h00, it's time to wake up and hooo the cloud ceiling is verrrry low: there is no point to hike for 8 hours to reach the summit and have no view... too bad, I drove yesterday night on purpose to the closest camp ground to the start of the hike... (11 C in the car, but I could sleep well)
I thus drove to a former mine's place, and hiked there for 2-3 hours.

View Larger Map

In the afternoon, I took my Toyota Vitz
to drive to Rotorua, and on the road, stop to a 3-wheeled luge track on a montain (I'll post later some video shot with the Go Pro)
After one ride to get the hands on the luge, I could unleash the beast and do some turns on 2 wheels...The GPS in my pocket awarded me a thrilling 55km/h :)


I arrived in Rotorua with a smell of sulfur, as it's a pretty intense geothermal area, and there are many active hot springs... I plan to go to one very nice hot pool Thursday.
Tomorrow, as the weather is not planned to be better than today (cloudy and rainy), I will do some rafting in the north of Rotorua :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment