Monday, November 4, 2013

The first post not about the journey

After some grocery and medicine shopping (convenient, the supermarket opens 7/7, 24hr), I've left Auckland to the South, heading for a a place to stay during the night. The parking in the back of a gas station was my home for the night, and finally, you can sleep very correctly in this tiny car.

I woke up at 5h30, with the birds singing and a promise of a nice day, so I headed for the Coromandel, I faced the fog and the curvy road to reach Cathedral Cove, a nice white sandy beach, with a natural passway in the rock between two beaches. Getting there early allowed be to take plenty of pictures (the Wifi at Mc Donald's doesn't allow me to use picasa...), and promise, you will have one with my feet in the Pacific.
Above Cathedral Cove
At Cathedral Cove

I've spent the afternoon with a French couple in Hot Water beach, where a natural hot spring let you create pools/jaccuzzi in the sand in low tide and relax (note for later : spread some suncream before such afternoon).

On the way to Thames, I've driven my tiny car like Sebastien Loeb on an unsealed road, I'll share the video once I've got a decent internet access...


View Larger Map
I will sleep in a very simple campground tonight (6Euros per night, managed by the Department of Conservation) and get to bed, to car sorry, early, as I've a 8 hours hike planned for tomorrow :)


No comments:

Post a Comment