Friday, November 1, 2013

The Departure

Online check-in : done,
Car vouchers printed : done,
Passport ready : done,
Go Pro : tested
After a short 3-backpackers-and-a-driver-in-a-VW-Polo car pooling to the airport (Thk you F. & C.), I headed for the BA counter, to ask if it's possible to check in my bags directly to Macau (there is a ferry from the airport crossing the Pearl River Delta, airline code 8S), but it wasn't. "You need to book them at the same time" the Airline counter agent told me... fair enough, but the BA website doesn't support XZM as arrival code... anyway...
I've thus checked in my two bags to Hong Kong (having in theory something like 2h30/3h00 before the ferry there).
OMG, I LOVE the security check at Nice airport, it's so quiet compared to the other airports (even if it was a day before a 3 days week end in France).
A quick lunch at the lounge later, it was time to say hello to the largest commercial aircraft visiting NCE regularly (I've seen once a AN126 parked in NCE... impressive), the Emirates B777-300, 


before boarding the last one the A319.
Bye Bye Nice !

During that nice not-that-bumpy ride to Heathrow on the window Exit Row, I've slept and watched the London suburb through the window (there are 3 people who know how I felt at this time...). Landing facing West, for once on the South runway, with a view on an old BA concorde
taken from the internet, don't believe that in October you can have sun in London


and another aircraft I recognised quickly...   
Do you see a taller and brighter tail standing up from the crowd of 747 ? that's my A380 taxi to Hong Kong !

No comments:

Post a Comment