Sunday, November 3, 2013

The not that nice Kiwi Welcome

I literally rush out of the A330 (270 passengers to arrive in Auckland, for only 4 Custom agents), 5 minutes later it's done, but the guy wrote a "S" in red on my card, I thought this was to due to the cheese I've in my bag (I took it for the host for couch surfing in Macau, couch surfing which didn't happen because of the failure (cf earlier)).
in fact, going via Honk Kong and Fiji with many small stops raised a big alarm at NZ customs: drug dealer ! I had to explain my trip to 3 different Officers... it took 3 hours, literally...It's a bit strange to have to justify yourself, when you only have done things legally and respectfully.... I fear when I will land in the US :(
They are doing their job, but that's funny to recognize their techniques : ask several times the same question, to see it the answers stays the same ;-)

After such delay, the guy at the small car rental company wasn't there, and I had to wait 30 minutes to get my car, a super old&crappy Nissan Micra (or similar....)

I'm writing these lines in Burger King in Downtown Auckland, I will sleep in the surroundings  tonight, before aiming tomorrow for the Coromandel.

the Iconic Aukland tower, the tallest of the southern hemisphere

No comments:

Post a Comment