Saturday, November 16, 2013

The city which could have been skipped

Atlanta
(I haven't said the airport...)

first I nearly missed my flight (sleeping at 1h30 and having a wake up planned at 5h30 is not reasonable), I didn't hear my phone until 6h17..., I was hopefully parked few blocks from the airport, so I've RUSHED to the terminal (Memphis Car rental facility has NO damned trolley...), but I made it on time for my 7h30 flight to ATL via Houston Hobby.

I've slept most of the time of these two flights, and arrive with 20 minutes prior to ETA in ATLANTA airport, world's busiest...

I was very pleased to have American airline accepting to check my bags 9 hours before my flight, AND allow me my scooter as hand baggage...
It means I could take it to Visit Atlanta city for a couple of hours with my scooter.
Now is the worst part of the day: Atlanta city...


not exciting, the two (land)marks are brands:
CNN (the tour of the news netword from their HQis hardly interesting, except a 70 inch surface tablet for the weather forecast, I'd over all rank it 1 or 1.5 out of 5)


News, Hardened

the World of Coca Cola: Disney world, the same attractions, the same concept, but the star  is not a mouse but a drink... if as me you don't like this beverage, this "museum" is a joke. I'd still give it 1 or 1.5 out of 5 as well because of the working copy of a coca factory makes you see the inside, but that's it)
The only minute maid they had was the US version, the "0% fruit" one...


Back to ATL airport 3 hours before my flight, the Lounge was pleaseant (and riding my scooter in ATL and the destination airport Chicago O'Hare ORD, travelling on nice flat terminals is just a dream, passing all other passengers ahah), and the flight attendant was as cute as the drunk couple in the row ahead speaking loud...
The fly over Chicago at night was the cherry on the cake:





No comments:

Post a Comment