Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Aussie-Melbourne Day


A former colleague in Melbourne very kindly allowed me to stay at her place for 2 nights, and even picked me up at the airport... Too bad, I rushed out of the plane, was the first to pass the customs... eheh, I'm sure you want to know more about my Australian Custom check... well, I was on the edge of some real delay when the officer saw that I'm staying in OZ for only 2 days I've already been several times to Australia" must have been the right answer, as I was able to move to the next counter in a breeze.
Have you been in forest, farms, over the last 30 days ? > Yes
The second officer was suspicious, so I showed him my boots that I had perfectly cleaned in Auckland Airport before departure... and tadaaam, I was out to take the shuttle to downtown (yes, we missed each other at the airprot and I headed to the city in the bus :/)

I even managed to change my money NOT in a travelex-rip-off-rate boot :-)

I had the Sunday to spare in this amazing city, composed of a mix of:
Ride in scooter to the city







Pass by the Rod Laver Arena (home of the Australian Grand Slam in Tennis)



An exhibition on James Bond with real costumes and accessories from 50 years of spy movies... really nice








Some city landcape that I've never seen elsewhere in the world, and are simply astonishing


I would like to thank a lot Sarah for hosting me, a real bed is definitively better than a Toyota Vitz :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment