Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The 3-tiered day

Part 1
wake up behind the gas station, enjoy the Sunrise over Liberia
and the mega large 18 wheelers
I drove back to Rincon de la Vieja, but the West sector this time, taking 3 German girls with me (for the funny part, they were hitchiking, and I picked them up only 300m from the ranger station ).
We explored the small trail to view some fumeroles
then headed for a 2h30 trek to a waterfall that could easily be used in a shampoo ad. We bathed and ate there, and made friend (or not) with a crab.

The trail to get there was really a mix of dried savannah and wet & dark jungle, very pleasant, with some owling monkeys.

Part 2: 
It's 16h, I've just dropped the 3 Germans to Liberia, and headed for the coast to have a post card sunset. Here too, nice timelapse, and diner on the beach.



Part 3:
Head South ! It was time to drive by night on the Interamericana, and I must admit it was quite hectic... After a couple of hours driving fast, my stop for the night would be a 15 USD room in Canas.

No comments:

Post a Comment