Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Start & Stop day

Nothing special in Canas, except this gorgeous morning picture:


 the first part of my day was dedicated to driving on the InterAmericana, heading South. The objective of the day was Monteverde, a mountain town famous for the bridges over the canopy, and many other extrem adventures.

Driving fast on Interamericana was useless as I got stop in road works for more than 1hr around lunch time, baking in the sun in the car... Well, it was an opportunity to read the useless Petit Fute...
When I arrived in the town, I got impressed by the number of travel agency booth eerywhere: each one of them took their comissions on the wild water activities, zip lines or canopy tours.
I booked with Extremo, and was very please with the zipllines :400 500 and 600 meters & giant swing before ending with a one kilometer (yes 1000 meters...) zipline face forward (you simply feel like Superman for one minute).
A bit of math let you see that *on average* you roll at 60km/h, top speed is consequently higher...
For 60 USD more, they proposed bungee jump, this was a way for me to overcome the disappointment of the second day.
When I saw it was from 147m, the highest in Central America, I realised it would be easier to not see the ground "that" close...
Here is their promotional video.

After all these adventures, it was 18h and I needed some rest to balance the after effects of all this adrenalin in my body. I parked my car just 100m after the parking lot, and felt asleep immediatly...
It was a short, but very intense day...


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment