Sunday, May 25, 2014

The failures you end up liking

First Morning in Costa Rica, Jet lag over, it's a good day to start seeing this national monument, the Poas Volcno which rises 2700 meters above sea level, 1700 meters higher than the Costa Rican capital.
...but it was without the first failure of the day: clouds... The ceiling is rather low, so after another wifi session to get sure the clouds will not move anytime soon, I go down a bit to enjoy the view on the San Jose valley with the sunrise

I change my plan to visit an (expensive) park with typical fauna and flora not that far away from the Volcano.

The afternoon, my goal was to experiment Bungee jump for the first time, after driving across several small towns, including Grecia, famous (??!) for 4 m high carts (I can't imagine the size of the horses/cows required to move them...)

This Sunday is also for me the opportunity to drive for the first time on the InterAmericana, it's just a road you might say, but with a name like this, it's just an open door to exotic dreams...
After several U turns (yes, I got lost, but to be fair, the "petit Fute" touristic book was very inaccurate :( ) I park the car and walk to the bridge that is suppopsed to host the bungee jump. Strangely enough, there is no one, despite the small plateforms to jump bolted on the (very) rusty bridge... No bungee jump today, it's all closed :(
Several days later, I'd learn that bungee jump stopped here because of risks on the bridge structure... well, that's the kind of failure I like to have after second thought...

I had nothing more to do here, thus I moved North, through what I call the Costa Rican Switzerland, a very charming pass in the mountain, where I'm pretty sure they've invented the expression "curvy mountain road"

I ended my day with a diner with a French Travel Agent living in La Fortuna who helped me prepare my next days, in a 20 USD/night room.

No comments:

Post a Comment