Friday, May 30, 2014

The long drive North

After this night in middle of nowhere, I didn't feel proud to be lost... I drove back to the closest farm, and the local guy must have been quite surprised to see a tourist in his mountains, at 5 in the morning.

He confirmed me that I didn't have to get back south to Quepos (I was relieved for that...), but told me to take some path that are not on the map... I must admit I didn't felt very confident at this time, smelling a tourist trap, but the farmer' advice were honests, and after several hours of ultra curvy/bumpy roads, my smartphone felt less useless when we joined a sealed road...
On the way, I've reached a cliff road with a view on the Pacific. After the close-nightmare on the evening before, I was simply the happiest man on earth with my Jimny.

But who says sealed roads, says eighteen-wheelers, driving slowly...


Around lunch time, I reached Cartago, a nice town with a nice church (it feels like Indiana Jones and the last Crusade, as the custom says prayers must walk the last meters on their knees)

My next stop was in Orosi, a pool with thermal hot water, bath which ended under a typical tropical rain :)

After the rain I got back to the Jimny, to drive for several hours, with just a stop to buy some food. And here, bananas are huge (it's a 250 ml milk bottle for the scale).

My shelter for the night would be again the Jimny, in a small village on the way to La Pavona.



No comments:

Post a Comment