Monday, October 21, 2013

The cheapo ?

That's the name of the cheapest car category of one of the most famous New Zealand Car rental company (Jucy). Indeed these are very affordable cars, but you get what you pay :)
The El Cheapo is great for the budget traveller! Having been on tour around New Zealand for a few years already, they're slightly older (and wiser) and have around 200,000km (yes... 200'000 kms...) or more, but still meticulously serviced and groomed by JUCY with love.

It's written on the door, so other people on the road know that you are driving a cheapo...

Jucy offer also campervans, fully equiped. This would have been nice, but not within my budget... tant pis, I will sleep in the car :)
not for me :( 
I was about to book this cheapo for the official website (they have a very good e marketing departement as I've had for months the adds for their website...), but the meta car rental search tool I use locationdevoiture.fr had a 5% discount via their newsletter (once again, I can not stress enough the importance of registering to the newsletter to get discounts), so I've had a look... and it was a nice surprise...

for 5 days, El Cheapo was quoted 160 Eur, the unknown local car rental company ("Letzrental", no review on locationdevoiture.fr) was 60 euros cheaper... I don't know the mileage of the car (all I know is Nissan Sunny (2000-2005)), but for 35% less, I'm OK to give it a try... the confirmation email is nevertheless funky... the car rental is not even close to the airport, but instructions are given :) 
"Shuttle Bus Service (Please call 0508 736 825 once you have cleared customs for shuttle service to letz office at the "Hotel Grand chancellor Ak Airport" ."


Next objective for NZ... get an itinerary.. :)

1 comment:

  1. La location d'une voiture est une partie tellement courante de l'expérience de voyage que vous penseriez que le processus serait simple et transparent. Je loue habituellement chez location de voiture lorsque j'ai besoin d'un trajet. De nombreux voyageurs ne savent pas comment louer une voiture sans commettre quelques erreurs courantes. J'ai eu la chance de n'avoir aucun problème.

    ReplyDelete